Friday 12 August 2011

Thing 9: Evernote

I've never used Evernote before, I had heard of it just never got around to using it, so took this as an opportunity to have a play around.  I recently installed Diigo for organising bookmarks (as opposed to Delicious) which also allows me to save images, web pages, text into tags/folders so in a way I was looking at how Evernote could improve upon this too.

The first thing I noticed is that I can also install the app to my smart phones...I should state, I love apps and I love when I can sync accounts between my computer and phone, so already this was looking good!  After installing Evernote I read through the start page and noticed a few features I know I'm going to like:
  • Text in any images becomes searchable
  • Create to do's - what can I say I'm a list makeer!
  • Search and find everything - and they mean everything
  • Save Twitter messages
After using Evernote for a day I must admit I quite like it.  Recently I had started using Microsoft OneNote but I much prefer the interface for Evernote and being able to sync notes with my iPhone is amazing.  I think this is a tool I will keep using.

Update:  I came across this in an Evernote email, being a keen knitter myself I'm keen to give it a try!  

No comments:

Post a Comment