Thursday 6 October 2011

Thing 14: Zotero / Mendeley / citeulike

For this 'thing' I tried using Mendeley.  I picked this one out of the list because I had heard it mentioned by colleagues before although never used it personally.

I've found it quite useful in organising my PDFs, especially on the variety of topics I'm interested in but I have separate folders set up on the computer for these topics anyway, where I keep all these notes/documents etc.  However I can see how it would be useful for students and especially like the app for the iPhone.  It could also be useful for library to keep records of printed guides/documents for individual subjects so can see its uses (I would be interested to hear if anyone has done this?).

To be honest I've had it loaded on the laptop for a while now and don't seem to use it all that often so not entirely sure it's all that useful to me.  Although it could be one of those tools the more I use it the more use it will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment